School - From kinetic equations to statistical mechanics
Statistical mechanics is at the crossroad of several research topics such as kinetic equations, mathematical physics, probability, partial differential equations and numerical analysis.
Recent breakthroughs have been obtained in the study of metastability for degenerate systems, about the return to equilibrium for kinetic equations or chains of oscillators, in numerics and in the study of models in molecular chemistry or kinetic theory.
Several approaches very distinct some years ago have came together with a large porosity of methods in the study of these complex systems (probabilistic methods, spectral methods, numerical methods, interactions with plasma physicists or molecular chemists).
This summer school in statistical mechanics aims at training young researchers as well as confirmed ones to these transversal methods in the following topics :
- Hypocoercivity and return to equilibrium (kinetic equations)
- Probabilistic methods for complex systems (probability)
- Metastability, theoretical and numerical analysis (semiclassical analysis)
- Theoretical analysis and mathematical modeling (molecular physics and chemistry)
This summer school will be hosted by the Belambra Club "les Grands Espaces", avenue de l'estacade, 85160 St Jean-de-Monts, France (Phone : +33 (0) 2 51 59 90 00)
The summer school will start on Monday 28th June 2021 at 2pm and end Friday 2rd July 2021 at 12.30pm.
Accommodation and transportation
Accommodation (single room and meals) is fully supported by the organization for all participants whose registration is validated by the organizing committee. The first registration validations will be performed by 30th April 2021. All the participants to the summer school will be hosted with accommodation in single room. Travel expenses are only supported for the speakers.
How to come ?
By car :
• Arrival from the North of Vendée
• Nantes direction Bordeaux (not well indicated) then (La Roche-sur-Yon) Machecoul
• Challans towards St Jean-Golf
• Directions from the South of Vendée – La Roche-sur-Yon then Challans towards St Jean-Golf
• Free parking
By train :
• Bus Station in Saint-Jean-de-Monts at 1,5 km
• Railway Station in Challans at 16 km
• Railway Station in Nantes (TGV) at 75 km
By plane :
• Nantes Atlantique Airport at 70 km
Shopping facilities :
• All shopping facilities and services at 2,5 km